This post was sponsored by LivRelief. All opinions are 100% my own own.
Chronic pain is something so many people feel like they just have to accept and endure. But this is not true. There are many things you can do to help with your daily pains. As many of you know I coach competitive gymnastics, which means I work with a lot of girls dealing with chronic pains. Through the years I have learned several amazing tips that I felt I should definitely share with you! (Especially since my husband was recently in a severe car accident and is currently dealing with a great deal of pain right now. Not to mention I am pregnant with our fifth baby and y’all know how that feels on the old back!)
- Ice and Heat Rotations: So many people hear they should either ice OR heat their backs. But in reality if you are dealing with a chronic or longer term type pain or kink, you want to do both. You do this by first icing your back for 20 minutes. Don’t just put one of those cold bean filled pillows on your back, truly get a cold pack and ICE that back until it feels numb. This should be at least 15 minutes and no longer than 20 minutes. Immediately after icing your back put on a heat pack or heating pad for the same amount of time. This will allow the blood to really move through the sore/painful area and thus allowing healing to happen more quickly. I usually recommend doing this process a total of 2 times (ice, heat, ice, heat). Do it daily until the pain has been reduced or eliminated.
- Epsom Salt Bath: Epsom salt is a miracle worker. Seriously, try it! You will be amazed by how awesome you will feel after you take a nice relaxing bath with Epsom salt (and lavender). Epsom salts have a detoxifying agent. Since a large majority of pain is caused by toxins build up in your body detoxifying is incredibly important. When you take an Epsom salt bath the salts are absorbed through the skin and work to relieve muscle tension, pain, and inflammation in joints.
- Massage: Everyone loves a good massage. But there are really so many healing benefits of getting a massage. The most important is working out the tension in the muscles and joints and releasing the unneeded toxins in your body (often times causing you pain). If you are unable to afford or have the time for a professional massage, try using 2 tennis balls that you place under your back one on each side of your spine. Lay down on your back pressing your back into the balls and slowly move your body along the floor allowing the tennis balls to press into your back and relieve some of that pain. If your pain is elsewhere you can use the tennis balls the same way to work out any pains throughout your body.
- Exercise: I am not talking about a hard core workout but some minor low weight, high rep core type exercises. Many times when you have chronic pain in a specific area it is because that area is weak within it’s stabilizing muscle areas. There are so many different types of exercises you can do to workout those stabilizing muscles to reduce pains in your body. I have tons of ideas with exercises balls, therabands and tubes, that you can do for all different parts of your body (feel free to comment for ideas for specific issues.) I also recommend checking out Google or YouTube to find great core and band exercises to try and strengthen the affected area.
- Use LivRelief Cream: HERE products are the only ones that use Delivra. Delivra delivers LivRelief’s active ingredients deep beneath the skin, addressing pain at its source. I love this cream, both my husband and I have been using it like crazy since his car accident and my pregnancy started causing my back and hip pain. I love that is does not have a strong fragrant smell so we can use it in the mornings to start out our day and no one else can smell it. I also like that it is not an oily cream that gets on my clothes or makes my feel nasty. Honestly it is the best pain relief cream I have ever used!
Buy LivRelief now and receive $2 off your purchase when you use promo code ONU56TLN during checkout on Amazon.com.
Purchase LivRelief Long Lasting Pain Relief Cream HERE