I have to say this is one of my favorite paper flower projects to do with the kids! It is really so easy to do. The kids absolutely love doing it and they always turn out absolutely beautiful!
This is really the perfect project for kids of ages 3+ to do for a Sunday School craft, summer craft activity or to make just for fun! Each flower only takes about 5 minutes to make and it only has a 4 item supply list!
- First separate 5 cupcake paper wrappers and set aside.
- Fold a piece of cupcake paper in half and push flat. Fold that piece in half again, and then once more fold the paper in half. (See illustration above).
- Cut the top of the folded triangle shape, into a rounded “pedal shape”.
- Open and see your first pedal shape!
- Now repeat step 2 again for all 5 pieces of cupcake paper wrappers.
- With your green cupcake paper wrapper, fold into eights (same as step 2). However you will cut this piece slightly different. Starting a little bit above the bottom point of the triangle cut upwards to create a leaf shape. (See illustration above).
- Starting with your green leaf shaped piece, add a small dab of glue to the center. Place the first piece of flower pedal shaped paper on top of glue and repeat. Adding a small dab of glue to the center of each pedal piece.
- Once the flower is assembled, add push pin to the center.
- To give your flower a little more texture. Scrunch all the flower pedal up towards the center.
- Wrap your pencils in the green washi tape.
- Gently push the push pin and flower piece to the center of your eraser. Viola your Cupcake Paper Flower Pencils are complete!
You can really make these beautiful flowers for any occasion. Make them as a gift for a teacher. Or attach them to a cork board frame and make a 3D wall piece!
So many fabulous ways to display these beautiful flowers! I just love them!