Oh my goodness! I am in LOVE with these DIY His & Hers Glitter Stem Wine Glasses! Not only are the insanely EASY to make they only cost me about $1.25 each in supplies. Even better this entire project only takes about 20 minutes for both wine glasses. (Plus a little extra time for drying).
These fabulous “HIS” & “HERS” glitter stem wine glasses make the perfect Valentine’s, wedding, Christmas, birthday or just because I love you gifts!!!
- Silhouette Machine
- Vinyl (I used black, pink and green) and transfer paper
- 2 Wine Glasses (I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
- Glitter (I got mine in the “dollar spot” at Target, a pack of 3 for $1)
- Modge Podge and sponge paint brush
1. With your Silhouette machine make the “HIS” and “HERS” vinyls. I used the Times New Roman font and an image of a tie for the “I” and an image of a stiletto shoe for the “R”. To get these images I simply searched google and traced the images in the Silhouette app. (To trace simply click the image that looks like square with a butterfly in the middle found on the far top right hand side of the screen.)
2. Print the vinyl, weed and transfer to transfer tape (or I use transfer paper). Make sure when you put these on your wine glass you first wipe down the wine glasses with a little rubbing alcohol and let dry. This will make the Vinyl more durable and machine washable.
3. Next to make the glittered wine glass stems. This was way easier than I imagined. Simply take a sponge paint brush and paint on a thick layer of modge podge. Over a sheet of paper generously pour glitter over the modge podge covered wine glass stems. Coat as best you can. Pour the excess glitter back into the container and wait at least 10 minutes for the first layer to mostly dry (best if you wait closer to an hour). Repeat this step. Paint another THICK layer of modge podge over the original glittered layer. Again generously pour glitter over modge podge. Wait about 3-5 hours for this layer to fully dry and then paint one more layer of modge podge. This layer is simply to seal in the glitter so it doesn’t come off on your hand. ***You can also purchase Krylon glitter blast clear sealer which will make the glitter seal even better and thus more durable to washing’s.