I received products for free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Now let me start out by saying I am not implying that I am more happy when my kids are at school then when they are home. However, my kids LOVE school – and as a very busy mom I do enjoy the few hours during the day I can try and get a few things down with out the older kids asking me 1000 questions.
Every year my kids are more than excited when the time comes to start preparing for back to school. They LOVE going shopping for new clothes and supplies, they LOVE learning who their new teachers will be and more than anything else they are so excited to see friends and get out of the house. Because let’s face it, after 2-3 months of all four kids hanging out together constantly they have finally found a way to smile at each other in a way that annoys them.
Soooo – why not join in on their excitement and celebrate!
Here are 5 tips for making back to school week a little more fun!
- Take them out for a last day of summer celebratory ice cream cone at Baskin Robbins. Who doesn’t like a little ice cream?!?!
- Go on a fun family walk or bike ride. My kids love when we do things like this and call it like “the last ride” or “grade up family hike”.
- Prepare a last day of summer family movie night (inside or outside).
- Make a few special “snacks” for school lunches. We like to make up some healthy cookies, granola bars and even some after school jell-o.
- Surprise the kids with a super special tasty ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins when they get home from that first day of school. We absolutely LOVE the Pralines n’ Cream Turtle Pie! In fact it is a family tradition to pick up one of these tasty pie’s for special occasions.
Check out our tasty Pralines n’ Cream Turtle Pie we bought this year from Baskin Robbins! It was nothing short of amazing! We all love the Pralines ice cream, mixed with the soft, yet gooey caramel and delicious fudge around the edges….YUM!