Cleaning the house is already not the funnest job on the planet, but it is made worse with all of the nasty chemicals. I have found that there are several everyday household products that when combined and used properly can actually do a fantastic job at cleaning and without harmful chemicals. For these cleaning hacks you will only need a few ingredients…Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda, Lemon, Vinegar and if you so desire possibly some yummy smelling essential oils!
Listed below are some of my most favorite DIY cleaner recipes and hacks EVER!
- Streak-Free Window/Glass Cleaner: I have been making my own glass cleaner for a few years now with just vinegar, Dawn dish soap and distilled water. It really works great and saves me so much time and money! Go HERE to find out more about this recipe!
- Ceramic Stove Top Cleaner: You would be surprised how easy it is to actually clean your ceramic stove top. I have had a ceramic stove top for years, and have invested way too much money on nasty chemicals trying to get the dark rings off. Thankfully my mom showed me a trick that worked better than any expensive chemical cleaner and it’s all natural – Baking Soda! That’s right just taking some baking soda and water will do the trick. Checkout the recipe and instructions HERE.
- All Purpose Cleaner: Did you know that with just a couple everyday household items like vinegar, baking soda, water, and some essential oils, you can make some of the most effective and amazing cleaner out there?!?! Grab the full recipe HERE.
- Garbage Disposal Refresher: Ok don’t laugh but this is the easiest thing ever! Whenever you are cooking or using lemons in your house, don’t throw away the peels. When you are done with them, simply cut them into wedge sized pieces and toss them into the garbage disposal. The zest of the lemon peel with the oils will refresh your garbage disposal and give it a fresh clean scent! Make sure to run your garbage disposal with some hot water at the same time flushing it all the way down the drain.
- Microwave Cleaner/Sanitizer: Again this tip seems so silly but it works ridiculously well! All you will need is one cup of vinegar and a coffee mug! Check out the full post with instructions HERE.
- DIY Fizzy Toilet Bombs: These fabulous little fizzy bombs! They make cleaning and refreshing your bathroom so much fun (and easy). Simply make up a batch or two of these all natural DIY Toilet Bombs HERE and drop them in the toilet whenever your bathroom needs a refresh! Watch as the fizz away all the grime and germs!
- Grout and Tile Cleaner: Cleaning the grout and tile has to be one of my most hated chores around the house. There really is no simple solution to getting around this (minus getting rid of all tile in my house LOL). But there are a few recipes for cleaning your grout and tile without the major chemicals and bleach. Check out this Grout and Tile Cleaner Recipe HERE! I’ve been using it for a while now and it works great!
- Stainless Steel Cleaner: Here is another white vinegar and baking soda recipe you can’t live without! It’s seems these two simple ingredients are little miracle workers in the cleaning world. Checkout this Stainless Steel Recipe and instructions HERE.
- All Natural PineSol (Wood Cleaner): We seem to always be cleaning and polishing our wood furnishings and floor. I personally hate the smells of chemicals. Even more so I hate the idea that my kids are eating off the table, crawling on the floors and even just living in a house that could be full of toxic chemicals. Thankfully I have found this awesome All Natural PineSol Wood Cleaner recipe that uses just baking soda, lemon juice and Dawn Dish Soap! Check out the full recipe and instructions HERE.
- Deodorize Stinky Towels: Let’s face it we have all suffered the awful dilemma of getting out of the shower and grabbing a stinky towel. Don’t let that get you down! This super easy DIY recipe HERE will deodorize and give those towels a fresh new smell and feel!
- All Natural Leather Cleaner: This was one of my very first all natural cleaner recipes and it’s probably one of my favorites. With this All Natural Leather Cleaner you can not only clean your leather but it also will remove most of your light/surface scratches! I use this on my leather couches and leather seats in my car! I love it! Checkout the recipe HERE.
- Mattress Stain Remover and Deodorizer: I swear I try so hard to keep our mattress clean and protected, but still somehow they get spots and an odor. It probably doesn’t help that I have four kids in my house and one going through potty training! This DIY Mattress Stain Remover and Deodorizer has worked fabulously for us! It is really simple to make with just some Dawn Dish Soap, Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide. See the full recipe and instructions HERE.