Honestly I have always loved the clean and shine that Pine Sol has provided my wood surfaces, but I just can’t get past all of the harmful chemicals! I hate using toxic chemicals in my house if at all possible. Thankfully I found this awesome All Natural DIY PineSol recipe! It seriously works just as good as the name brand PineSol and without all of the nasty stinky chemicals!
In fact I love the smell of this Homemade Pine Sol. It smells so fresh and clean!
So I have mentioned harmful chemicals a few times. You may be wondering what exactly does that mean and what makes the brand name Pine Sol so bad? Well PineSol includes an ingredient called Toulene. Research has shown that Toulene can be linked to birth defects, hormonal imbalances, pregnancy complications, and even cancer. So knowing this now think about your sweet little babies crawling around on these floors or your older kids dropping their food and eating it off the floor. Makes your stomach turn right?!?! Well check out this awesome recipe below and notice all of the ingredients are completely natural and totally harmless to you, your family and pets!
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon Castile Soap (or liquid dish detergent)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 TBS Baking Soda
- 5 drops tea tree oil or Pine Oil
- On your stovetop, bring 3 cups of water to a soft boil. Remove from heat and combine all the remaining ingredients except the tea tree oil (or Pine Oil).
- Stir until other ingredients until they are fully dissolved.
- Once cooled, add in the tea tree oil (or Pine Oil).
- Store in a spray bottle or large pourable container.
Bonus Tip: I like to make this cleaner and then use it to refill my Swiffer Wet Jet spray bottle container. To do this simply boil 2 cups of hot water and place the Swiffer refill bottle in hot water for about 2-5 minutes cap side down. Using a dishtowel, you will now be able to easily unscrew the lid. Pour in your homemade PineSol and screw the lid back on. The lid will immediately seal back on to the container.
More Homemade Cleaners: