I love creating my own decor for my home for the holidays! Not only is it more affordable but it is unique to my home and I can change it every year if I want! I found that making this DIY Ornament Wreath was not only way cheaper than buying a pre-made wreath, but it was a lot of fun to make and super easy!
With some diligent shopping around for supplies I was able to pick up nearly everything I needed for my wreath at Oriental Trading Company! I ordered my supplies and got them just a few days later (I have always loved how fast and efficient Oriental Trading Companies shipping is)! Within just about an hour of work, I had a beautiful wreath to hang on my front door for the holiday season! I love my new wreath…and even more I love that I made it. It has a personal touch that cannot be bought premade.
Check out the 6 simple steps below and you can easily design your own Christmas Ornament Wreath in whatever colors and design you like!
- Wire Wreath Frame 12″
- 55-65 round Ornaments of various sizes and colors
- 4 1/2 yards tinsel metallic Tinsel Garland
- Ornaments hooks
- 42 inches of wired ribbon 1.5 inches wide
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Attach the ornaments to your metal wreath frame, using the metal ornament hooks that came with your ornament balls. To attach simply twist the wire around the loop at the top of the ornament to the bottom inside piece of the wire frame. Once the ornament has been secured, cut off the excess wire. Make sure the ornament balls are facing the inside of the circle and secured tightly together. You can use just a dab of hot glue at this point between each ornament.
- Wrap tinsel or ribbon around the remaining edges of the wire frame and glue. Glue the next 2 layers of same sized ornaments directly to the tinsel/ribbon wrapped frame, until the frame is completely covered with like sized ornaments.
- Use various sized ornaments to fill in gaps. You will want to place them on top, in between and wherever else around the wreath until you get your desired look.
- To make the ribbon bow, simply take a piece of wire ribbon about 24 inches in length and fold a loop, repeat these loops 5 more times, squeezing them tight together. Secure the loop bow at the base with hot glue or a piece of wire.
- With two 12 inch pieces of wire ribbon, wrap them around a broom or mop handle. Gently slide the ribbon from the handle, allowing the ribbon to hold it’s shape. Glue these two pieces of ribbon to the previously assembled bow.
- Finish your DIY Customized Ornament Wreath with your homemade wire ribbon bow and hang on your door for everyone to see!
When I ordered supplies for my wreath I also picked up a beautiful nativity scene and white lantern that I just had to share with you! I love them! They are the perfect additions to our Christmas home decor!